We celebrated the opening of the show at the American Art Company a couple weeks ago. It was great to see a lot of the people that I've painted with and their work nicely framed in the gallery. I must say I wasn't terribly surprised at the winners; all were stunning and quite deserving of winning the awards.
Ned Mueller, "Mt. Shuksan"
Here are the awards:
- Best of Show - Ned Mueller 'Mt. Shuksan'
- 1st - Jim Lamb 'Beartooth Evening'
- 2nd - Melanie Thompson 'Imnaha Cathedral'
- Best Plein Air - Jeanne Edwards 'Evening Path'
- Honorable Mention - Kathryn Townsend 'Mt. Moran Light'
- Honorable Mention - Jan Jewell 'Alderbrook'
From left: Michael Situ, Jim Lamb, and Ned Mueller
photo credit: Karren Bakke
This year's judge was the esteemed Michael Situ. When you visit the gallery, there is a wonderful Michael Situ painting there that we are raffling off for just $5 per ticket. It's a great opportunity to get such an exquisite painting. But of course, there are other excellent paintings by many many artists. This year there are nearly 90 paintings on display, go and check it out yourself! The exhibit runs through December.
American Art Co is at 1126 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma, WA 98402. For those who cannot go to Tacoma, this show also has an online gallery where you can also purchase the art.