Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bainbridge Island Paintout

It's amazing how a short ferry ride can make you feel like you're in a completely different world. That's how I felt when I met up on Saturday with our painting friends. The Bloedel Reserve was an especially beautiful location to paint, or just stroll around. I thought I missed out on painting at Bloedel as the Saturday schedule was for Bainbridge Vineyard.

It turns out, different artists had different ideas (as they usually do) for the day. So some of us went to the Bloedel Reserve, some of us went the the vineyard, and some went to the Tilbury festival which was also happening at the time.


It's May in the Seattle area so everything is positively verdant. And by verdant, I mean very, very green. I admit I found it difficult to paint so much green. But it did not stop the fabulous artists from doing some nice work. Here are some photos shared on our facebook group:



(Sharon Curran)


May is quite the busy month for us, the next paintout is in a couple days May 16 in Federal Way, for the Blue Poppy Festival. PAWA members who are painting get in for free. Sign up on our EventBrite page to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment