Friday, September 18, 2015

Two PAWA members win June/July Plein Air Salon

Plein Air Magazine's awarded not one, but two Plein Air Washington Artists members in their June/July Plein Air Salon. Congratulations to Ned Mueller and Melanie Thompson! Ned won 3rd place overall, and Melanie won best artist under 30.

Here's Ned's painting, "Lowtide-Mevagissey, England"




 And here's Melanie's "Around the Bend"



Both are absolutely stunning. Congratulations again, well deserved, obviously.

---

By the way, speaking of competitions, I just learned that because of some billing snafu, PAWA's deadline for our annual art show and competition is extended to September 20. So there's just enough time to squeeze a painting in!

To be honest, I wasn't feeling like submitting anything this year. I had many excuses, like the fact that we have so many world-class talent in our ranks (see above), and how I hadn't had as much time painting as I wanted this summer, and so on. But I decided what the heck, better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all. So I entered what I thought was a last-minute painting.

And now with the deadline extended, you can submit your very own last minute painting too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment