Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Nisqually Paint Out

Rain was pouring really hard while I was driving to the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge on Saturday. I was worried that people might not show up for our first paint out of the year. Or that those who did show would get really wet! But the rain had abated somewhat when I got there, and a bunch of people were already painting in the ample sheltered area by the visitor center.


Rain fell on and off during the morning, but there was enough things to paint in the covered area, I thought. I painted the marsh grass, and then something overly complicated. :/ This was my first time to go to the Nisqually Wildlife refuge, but you can bet I'll be back again. The whole area is super picturesque.


It really cleared out later in the afternoon. As Jane Wallis, our wonderful facilitator told me, "it turned out to be a crisp, lovely northwest plein air painting day with dramatic skies and periods of brilliant color illuminated by the sun." 


In the end, more than a dozen people came to the paint out. A few of us went to the Nisqually Bar and Grill for some food, drinks and camaraderie. A nice end to such a fun day.  Thanks so much to Jane and Sylvia for facilitating! Our next paint out will be April 18, at the Seattle Arboretum. Come join the fun, and see you at the next paint out!


No comments:

Post a Comment